Wednesday, March 17, 2010

No Name for what i'm about to do.

At times, I wish you'd just talk to me.
That you'd break the silence, for just a minute. To let me know we're still friends.
At other times, the silence is golden.
Leaving room for a head to clear, and a heart to heal.
Sometimes, I wish we'd done things the right way.
You and I discussing what was the matter. If it could be fixed. An agreeable solution for both.
Sometimes, I'm glad it happened the way it did.
Cause then you wouldn't have seen me beg.(not a pretty sight.)
There are moments, when I believe things were rushed.
That we might have moved too fast, That it all came with a crushing weight.
There are moments, when I know it happened the way it was supposed to.
That all emotions were shared in proper time, that we were completely open with one another.
In some bursts of thought, I'm sure that I'm what you need.
That I can be the one who makes you happy. Take care of your needs.
In other bursts of thought, I'm sure that's not possible.
Who could trust a guy like me with a charge like that. Let's be honest here.
In split seconds, I'm sure there's been a mistake.
How could this happen, it was so wonderful.
But the rest of the day, I know you did what was best.
That it's time to extract my head from my rectum and be happy.
In happier news though, thinking about you keeps scary movies from scaring me. So thanks for that.

1 comment:

  1. I liked it too, it describes a relationship I see a loved one in! I miss you Elder!!

    ReplyDelete